Environmental and Sustainability Manager
Your new company
A leading engineering company with over 35 years of experience in the market, with a diverse and enthusiastic team of project managers, engineers, surveyors, planners, commissioning and CAD specialists as well as trainees across all of our business sectors. The company is aware that their success is built on the quality of their people, so they are actively developing the next generation of managers to continue and build on.
Your new role
- You will be responsible for providing environmental support to the business units and corporate support for business development, bids and project execution. Advise the Board of Directors on the company strategy and execution towards carbon neutrality.
- Provide specialist/environmental advice to ensure legal and contractual compliance, including management and reporting of internal and client KPIs, and internal auditing. You will also provide sustainable design options to project management and construction teams, specially in material management, waste diversion, construction execution, carbon and energy reduction.
- Advising contractors and client partners on consents, legal and regulatory requirements throughout the contract. Ensuring environmental excellence beyond compliance adopted whenever commercially feasible.
- Setting up and implementing and EMS, preparing and undertaking audits for internal purposes. Reporting outputs in monthly contract performance reviews.
- Conducting carbon assessments and carbon life cycle costing throughout contract duration. Calculating environmental and economic values, advising the business on options for reducing environmental impacts in materials specification, waste reduction, achieving significant cost savings in procurement and supply chain management.
What you'll need to succeed
- The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and critical thinking skills, be highly organised, have strong communication skills, self-accountability, and have the drive and ambition to escalate their career.
- 3-5 years of experience working a similar role in the UK.
- Relevant degree in Engineering, and Environmental Sciences/Sustainability
- Must be willing to work from the office and sites, in London
- Must have proof of right to work in the UK
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.