We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Structural Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
Their Structures Division in their Newcastle office cover all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to detailed scheme design and delivery support and the successful Senior Structural Engineer will support them with their increasing workload.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-disciplinary team in leading and managing packages of work to completion.
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with key and prospective clients,
- Technical and commercial responsibility for structural engineering design delivery,
- Review calculations, drawings, and design documentation,
- Management and technical development of our capabilities and our organisation's individual,
- Engineers and Technicians to attain industry recognised Professional qualifications,
- Client and stakeholder interfacing,
- Undertaking embodied carbon calculations for building structures and advising our clients on low embodied carbon structural solutions.
- A degree in civil or structural Engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE),
- Extensive post graduate experience in structural engineering building projects,
- Detailed working knowledge of design codes and standards relating to structural engineering such as Eurocodes,
- Proven track record in design delivery with specific experience of; steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and timber designs from concept to detailed delivery, foundation design and structural analysis, construction delivery,
- Detailed working knowledge and experience of 2D & 3D analytical packages such as, but not limited to, Robot, Tekla and Tedds,
- Knowledge of construction implementation with proven site experience and an understanding of buildability,
- Knowledge of NEC3 and NEC4 Contracts and the roles defined therein is desirable,
- Proven track record in delivering technically excellent design projects on time, to budget and to the required levels of quality,
- Sound commercial understanding of the consultancy business,
- Good communicator (written, verbal & presentations),
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative and cost-effective solutions for our clients,
- Ability to develop, motivate and mentor our growing team,
- Proven record of developing client relationships and winning new consultancy work,
- Ability to achieve SC security clearance,
- Driving Licence (desirable,.
- Understanding of low embodied carbon structural solutions and how to calculate embodied carbon of building structures.
The successful Senior Structural Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.