Kitchen Porter needed!!
Your new role
- The Kitchen Porter role is to ensure full support to the Head Kitchen Porter and CAT team in delivering cleaning to the highest of standards daily.
- With the focus on increased customer lunches and entertainment this role will directly support this provision while also carrying out general catering duties.
- The role will involve all but not limited to the following tasks:
- Keeping the kitchen, catering areas and equipment clean and hygienic
- Assisting the chefs in production of meals for the Partners, Bank staff and their guests
- To assist the Chefs in the preparation and presentation of high-quality food when required
- Assisting the Head Kitchen Porter in the provision of annual leave/sick cover to for Canteen staff & Porters, ensuring that all areas are appropriately supported
- Primarily to provide additional labour to cover increase in levels of Customer Entertaining & Hospitality (Day & Evening)
- Assist Chefs and Head Kitchen Porter in delivery of their daily objectives.
- Working as part of the Kitchen team, complete adhoc tasks and requests as designated by line manager, management team member or HOD.
- Keeping the kitchen, catering areas and equipment clean and hygienic thereby assisting the chefs in production of meals for the Partners, Bank staff and their guests.
- To assist the Chefs in their preparation and presentation of high-quality food.
- Cleaning of all catering areas and ensuring that the daily, weekly, monthly and six-monthly cleaning schedules are completed.
- Collecting deliveries from front & side door.
- Assist with Canteen operations and wash up when short staffed & Lunch breaks
- Provide the Banks Kitchenettes with service each day - replenishing stocks and cleaning coffee machines
- Assist in all areas of food service and ensure that the highest possible standards of cleanliness are adhered to each day.
- Hygiene levels are reviewed and where necessary improved upon.
- Ensure that all equipment and utensils are regularly cleaned ready for service.
- Remove all rubbish and recycling so that accumulation does not occur.
- Manage the deliveries and transport to the kitchen and stores efficiently.
- Ensure that kitchen and stores are kept to a consistently clean and hygienic standard.
- Ensure that your specific section is secure and has a lockdown procedure.
- Report any maintenance issues to your Manager/Senior Chef as soon as possible.
- Assist and support the Head Kitchen Porter and deputise where possible.
What you'll need to succeed
- A diligent and conscientious approach to work and fixing problems
- An ability to take instruction and carry out orders directly
- Working as part of a kitchen porter team to achieve a 5* EHO rating by setting cleanliness and hygiene standards and enforcing them
What you'll get in return
Many company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.