An opportunity to be part of a new and dynamic sustainability team working for an influential London Borough
Your new company
An opportunity to work for the oldest and most influential of all the Local Authorities that makes up London and Greater London
Your new role
My client are looking for someone who has some technical knowledge when it comes to the sustainability in the design stage of construction. In this role you will be working on the client side working with the planning and sustainability team to perform technical appraisals and reviews of all the planning applications that goes to the planning team. As a sustainability officer you need to have experience with sustainability in the design phase of construction as that knowledge is paramount in the day to day responsibilities you will be performing.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed at this role you will need:
- Experience of Sustainability in Construction particularly in the Built Environment with an understanding of Sustainability in the Building Design process
- Demonstrable knowledge of recent changes, research and trends affecting climate change adaptation and mitigation and environmental impacts in the development of buildings
- Someone looking to work on the client side with a Sustainable Architectural/Engineering/Design background
- Someone who is able to Scrutinise planning applications with an emphasis on the Environmental and Sustainable impacts of projects both in the build process and in terms of the materials used.
- A Degree in Town Planning, Architecture, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Building Surveying or a related profession or discipline and/or Membership or eligible for full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute, the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment or other relevant professional body, or possess the equivalent level of knowledge, skills and experience
What you'll get in return
- The opportunity to grow your experience working for such a historic and important part of London
- A competitive market day rate of £25 - £30
- The ability to grow in the industry particularly if you are looking for your next step in Sustainable Design and Sustainable Buildings
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.