We are working with an established multidisciplinary consultancy that, due to an expanding workload have the opportunity for a creative and ambitious Structural Engineer to join them in their Gloucester office on a full-time permanent basis.
This is a great opportunity for a driven Structural Engineer, who is passionate about design, to gain exposure to a range of fantastic building structures projects.
Projects: Residential, Commercial, Educational and more.
- A degree in Civil, Structural Engineering or Engineering Design,
- A member of the relevant body such as the IStructE,
- Working towards chartership or the ambition to do so,
- A minimum of 3 years' experience,
- A knowledge of steel, concrete, timber and load bearing masonry structures,
- The ability to design to British Standards or Eurocodes,
- Experience with computer software is desirable - notably TEKLA Structural Designer, Robot and TEDDS,
- Experience across several sectors. Projects will be in a range of materials across the commercial, educational, residential, health and leisure sectors,
- Some experience of conceptual design, project management including programming works and a desire to develop mentoring and coaching skills,
- Excellent communication skills with a positive working attitude.
On offer for the Structural Engineer:
- A competitive salary,
- 25 days' holiday,
- Option to buy additional holiday or sell holiday not used plus additional holiday based on length of service,
- Bonus scheme (based on company and personal performance),
- Assistance with professional development,
- Company pension scheme with independent pension advice service,
- Employee Assistance Programme giving you free access to counselling and advice in legal, financial and personal matters.
This firm boasts an excellent staff retention rate, and you will be working within a friendly & supportive working environment where you will be a valued member of the team. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If this Structural Engineer vacancy is of interest to you and you'd like to hear more details, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.