Are you an experienced Senior Structural Engineer who has led and successfully delivered small to medium sized residential & commercial projects and is looking for your next challenge? If so, then we would like to hear from you!
Our client is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. They are continuing to expand teams in their Reading office and are looking for a Chartered or near Chartered Structural engineer who is passionate about engineering design and wishing to further develop their career.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, driven & charismatic individual who will be required to manage multiple projects whilst building strong relationships with clients and external design teams in order to successfully complete projects.
- Plan, manage and deliver projects in accordance with best practice project management principles,
- Develop project briefs, maintain project objectives, and define project scope, goals, and deliverables,
- Establish communication strategy with project stakeholders, monitor and report on project progress and maintain excellent communications throughout the project delivery,
- Lead project meetings with internal and external resources and with project stakeholders,
- Create project plans, including project budget, schedule and timeline, risks and issues registers etc, and implement projects in accordance with the project plan,
- Set expectations from the project team and manage, support, and direct the project team (internal and external resources),
- Manage the project budget, schedule, scope, quality, risks, issues, and changes on behalf of our clients,
- Report to stakeholders in a timely manner on project risks and issues, as well as providing solutions to resolve risks and issues,
- Track deliverables and ensure these meet the requirements set out in the in the project brief and project plan,
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs,
- Evaluate, assess, and report on the results of the project,
- Pro-actively seek new client opportunities.
- Responsible for costing and producing proposals and tender bids
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- A Chartered or near Chartered Engineer,
- A broad knowledge of Structural Engineering design and construction practices, with the ability to develop and apply innovative solutions to problems,
- Ability to adapt to different management styles and working environments to build rapport with clients,
- Have good time management and organisational skills to efficiently manage your workload,
- Full UK driving licence and a willingness to travel across the UK to visit sites and other JMS offices,
- Experience of health and safety requirements and undertaking construction works in accordance with British standards and regulations.
The successful Chartered Structural Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary & benefits package, a friendly working environment as part of a close-knit team. This role also has the benefit of agile working with a blend of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details and a confidential chat.