If you consider yourself to be a talented Senior / Associated Structural engineer with a CV to prove it and you are considering taking the next step in your career then we would like to hear from you!
Our client, an established, progressive and independently owned multi-disciplinary consultancy have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Structural Engineer with demonstrable experience at senior level and strong client facing and business development skills to play a leading role in their Cambridge office. The ability to manage the office is essential and the ability to bring an existing client base to the business would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Structural Engineer with a proven track record of successful technical and commercial delivery of small, medium and large scale design projects from concept through to completion.
- A degree/Meng in civil or structural engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer,
- A minimum of 8 years' UK consultancy experience,
- Technical design excellence and detailed understanding of relevant Eurocodes, British Standards and Building Regulations,
- A strong IT bias with experience in using modelling, analysis and design software and preferably with experience in use of Revit,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise with clients, other members of the team and produce well-written, concise reports,
- You will also need to demonstrate that you are capable of managing and leading,
- Experience of developing new and existing client base,
- Experience of managing and mentoring a team of engineers and technicians or a strong interest in developing in this area.
As well as a good team player you will also need to have enthusiasm, drive and determination to meet the demands of a position at this level. In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary & benefits package and the opportunity to progress is actively encouraged and supported for candidates who demonstrate they have the potential.
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more about our client & this vacancy, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to apply.