Environmental Advisor- Full time job- Hybrid working- Begins as temp, but expected to move to permanent
This is a great opportunity to work with one of the biggest construction companies in the UK
They are now seeking an Environmental Advisor to form part of the wider Environment and Sustainability team, to support the delivery of the construction and handover phase of their current project.
- Understand the Client and internal Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the contract's operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented on the project.
- Provide Environmental compliance advice to various team, including design construction, procurement and subcontractors and suppliers on the practical implementation of contract policies, processes and requirements. Identify and provide training and upskilling required to fulfill environmental responsibilities of various delivery team roles.
- Providing critical on-site presence and advice to the delivery team.
- Conduct regular inspections and monitoring to ensure environmental compliance.
- Identify and communicate environmental and sustainability risks and mitigations, assisting with the review and undertaking writing of plans, risk assessments and method statements.
- Drive awareness for and delivery against contract targets, particularly reducing Carbon, materials efficiency and striving to achieve no-net loss in biodiversity.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement throughout the contract team.
We're looking for:
- Environmental & Sustainability advisory experience in the environment and construction industry, ideally projects in highways and/or rail.
- Degree or equivalent in Environmental Sciences or suitably applicable fields. Associate or Practitioner Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or equivalent and internal auditing experience.
- Good organisation and time management skills, able to work independently and off their own initiative.
- Confident speaker with experience preparing and delivering presentations.
- Demonstrates a passion for the Environment and Sustainability, driving innovation and a desire to positively influence and develop those around them
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.