We are working with a long established and hugely successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy to help find them a driven and ambitious Principal / Associate Structural Engineer to play a leading role within the skilled structures team in their Leamington Spa on a full time, permanent basis.
They are searching for an engineer with the ability to manage the team on a day to day basis. Strong management skills and technical expertise are therefore a pre-requisite for a position at this level and the successful candidate will have a keen desire to drive the business forward and implement change where necessary.
- Responsible for managing the department on a day to day basis,
- Contribute to group activities by actively marketing the services of the company,
- Seeking new business opportunities from new and existing clients,
- A keen desire to drive the business forward and implement the changes which are necessary for the continued growth and success of the company,
- Responsible for allocating and overseeing the work of Graduate Engineers, Technicians and junior staff,
- Ensure client satisfaction at all stages of the design process,
- Liaise with Group Technical and Production Manager and make recommendations on technical software and or training,
- Attend Contribute to Group activities and make recommendations for improving all areas of the business as and when requested
- Associate meetings on a quarterly basis,
- Actively seek new business opportunities as well as maintaining existing client base.
- A Degree in Civil or structural engineering,
- Chartered or working towards chartered status via MICE advantageous,
- You will also need to demonstrate that you are capable of managing and leading.
- Experience of developing new and existing client base
- Have considerable experience of working on a variety of projects.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience of contract negotiation at a senior level
- A commercial understanding of fee management is essential.
As well as a good team player you will also need to have enthusiasm, drive and determination to meet the demands of a position at this level. In return the successful Principal /Associate Structural Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary & benefits package and the opportunity to progress is actively encouraged and supported for candidates who demonstrate they have the potential. This role also has the added advantage of offering agile working with a blend of home and office working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more about our client & this vacancy, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to apply.