Our client is an experienced engineering firm with over 40 years' experience to their name, and they are looking to expand their operations in Glasgow by adding a Senior Civil Engineer to their modern design office.
As a Senior Civil Engineer, you will join a consultancy that is employee obsessed and believes that staff are their greatest asset. They have established a committed training scheme and offer all staff the opportunity to progress their careers quickly with accelerated promotion pathways.
Within this role your main duties include:
- Pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations
- Flood risk assessments (Flood modelling undertaken by in-house team)
- Detailed drawings and calculations
- Liaise with clients and external agencies i.e Environment Agency, Local Highway Authorities, Water Authorities etc
- Represent the business at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public inquiries and undertake site inspections
- Contribute to project management and control suitable projects
- Support development of team members
- Manage the ream and control the programmed performance of projects
- Support the training and professional development of team members
CIVIL ENGINEER BACKGROUND
- Working experience of Suds and pre-planning advice
- Strong background of drainage and highway design and detailing
- Working knowledge MicroDrainage and Windes
- Use of AutoCAD/ Autodesk Civil 3D
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Company Pension
- Paid professional memberships
- Structured training
- Flexible working options
- Regular social events
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
When you hit apply your CV will land in my inbox, at which point, I'll arrange a suitable time to discuss this opportunity with you over the phone.
I'll disclose the name of my client on that initial call, and if you are happy to proceed, only then will I forward your details to my client and arrange an interview.
I may have other similar opportunities on the horizon (not yet advertised) which can be discussed at this point.
If you would rather talk to me before sending a CV, please don't hesitate to call Conrad Consulting (Edinburgh office) and ask for Connor Sandison!