To ensure that Fugro Iraq’s Land Geotechnical Business Line operates to the highest levels of efficiency whilst developing and following the highest technical standards in all field work, laboratory testing and reporting that we perform. To ensure management commitment and support to QHSSE within Fugro.
Job Posting Description:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the geotechnical business line within the growing Fugro Iraq business. The position is based in Fugro Middle East Dubai office and will work closely with the Project Managers to lead, develop, manage and execute all aspects of the service. The Division Manager will support the growing geotechnical sector in Iraq, particularly for clients in the oil and gas industry.
Staff Management and Development:
- The Division Manager is responsible of the management and development of staff within the geotechnical division.
- Maintain a positive work culture and encourage team working.
- Train, motivate and coach the team.
- Manage work by communicating task expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising task results.
- Work with each individual to set annual and semi-annual objectives in line with business strategy and individual development requirements and follow-up on the achievement of these objectives.
- The Division Manager has the ultimate responsibility for the efficient and successful execution and delivery of all ongoing projects within the geotechnical division.
- Ensure efficient execution and delivery of projects within agreed schedules and according to client expectations.
- Supervise and monitor project management team providing direction, support, mentoring and assistance as necessary.
- Supervise the preparation of project execution plans, method statements, schedules, QHSE plans and risk assessments to address client requirements and in line with Fugro’s procedures.
- The Division Manager has the ultimate responsibility of the planning, allocation, and management of all equipment and resources in line with specific project requirements.
- Provide weekly resource planning and utilization plan to ensure that proper planning is in place for the execution of ongoing and future projects.
- Coordinate with the project managers, project directors and other division managers.
Client Management and Interface:
- The Division Manager has the ultimate responsibility of maintaining continuous communications and liaison with clients and other project stakeholders to ensure timely submission of deliverables and client satisfaction.
- Maintain regular contact with key clients and prospective clients via regular visits, meetings, calls etc.
- Attending and conducting regular internal/external technical project meetings, kick-off meetings and safety sessions.
- The Division Manager is responsible of achieving monthly revenue targets for the division by coordinating with project managers on existing projects and project directors on new projects.
- Generating work from ongoing projects and existing clients.
- Degree Civil Engineering or equivalent in experience is required. Degree and experience in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred.
- Understanding of and experienced in project management principles and techniques.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
- Keen commercial awareness.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, committed and flexible with strong problem-solving skills. Ability to work effectively in a multi-national and multi-cultural work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
Role specific Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Problem-solving/judgment: Ability to work unsupervised and observe, think critically and to solve problems using data-analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
- Teamwork: Dedication and ability to work successfully with others in a team.
- Information & communication: Ability to receive information from, and convey information to others, in a timely and clear manner, using appropriate language, and communication tools.
- Client focus: Ability to generate client satisfaction (internally and externally), potentially resulting in long term client relationships and additional business.
- Planning & organizing: Able to set priorities and determine actions, time and resources (tools, software, people, and budget as appropriate.) to achieve pre-defined goals. Monitor and manage timely delivery, leading to reliability and client satisfaction.