Our client is a global engineering consultancy firm who are well-known within the industry for their extensive Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Construction & Digital engineering expertise, and they currently have an opening for a Senior Design Engineer (Infrastructure) to join the Civils team in their London office on a full-time permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will be required to prepare drainage and road infrastructure designs for residential and commercial developments and should be able to demonstrate that they can take a leading role on projects under the guidance of a Director.
- Promotion of company to existing and prospective clients,
- Assist Director and Associate Director in establishing new business with new and existing clients,
- Collection, preparation, and compilation of bids and fee proposals for London office (civil),
- Assist Associate Director in compilation of London Civil monthly results reports to include invoicing, fee forecasts,
- Allocation of civil staff resources within London office to projects,
- Training and direction of Civil team members,
- Mentoring junior colleagues within the Civil team,
- Implementing company policy,
- Implementing London marketing strategy in association with the Associate Director/ Director - Business Development,
- Implement Health and Safety policies and procedures on projects and oversee team's compliance,
- Participate in Workplace Health and Safety committee if, and when, required.
- A degree in civil engineering or equivalent,
- Chartered status with ICE or equivalent,
- A minimum of 8 years' experience of civil engineering projects including:
- Highways Geometric and Drainage design
- Flood risk assessments
- Surface water and foul sewer design
-Basement drainage systems including under slab drainage to building Regulations
- Retention basins, attenuation tanks and other SuDS features for both design and implementation
- Negotiating with, preparing documentation for and correspondence with and making submissions to statutory undertakers, the Highways Agency, the Environment Agency, Local Lead Flood Authorities and other local authorities.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the following documents and be able to share that knowledge with staff under their direction:
- Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
- Specification for Highway Works
- SuDS Manual
- Sewers for Adoption
- Standard details used by local authorities.
The successful Design Engineer will receive a competitive salary and benefits and there is the potential for the successful candidate to work for 1-3 days in the office with the remainder from home.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a large international consultancy working on complex & iconic projects across various sectors. If you'd like to apply for this vacancy, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.