Our client, situated in central Belfast, is seeking a Principal Highways Engineer to join their growing Infrastructure team.
Known throughout the industry for their unique and innovative approaches to engineering, this global-scale multidisciplinary has expanded its operations in Belfast off the back of several project wins, securing work for the next 7+ years.
As a Principal Highways Engineer, you will join an established engineering office as you work on various large infrastructure projects such as HS2, A1 Highway, national highways (England) and work for the DFI.
- Mentor and support junior staff
- Develop works cost estimates
- Liaise with key clients and capable of discussing design/ technical solutions to stakeholders
- Delegating work to team members, ensuing that resourcing is in place for demands of projects
- Support the business in winning work
- Represent the business at various networking events, preparing bids and tenders whilst maintaining existing relationships
- Chartered or near Chartered
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in highway alignment
- A thorough comprehension of technical standards relating to highways design
- Proven ability to advise clients on technical matters.
- Proven ability to coach and develop team members.
- A willingness to work flexibly to deliver projects to time and budget.
- £55,000 - £60,000 Per Annum
- Hybrid working/ Options to work 100% from home
- 25 days annual holiday excluding bank holidays
- Matched pension
- Paid professional memberships
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
When you hit apply your CV will land in my inbox, at which point, I'll arrange a suitable time to discuss this opportunity with you over the phone.
I'll disclose the name of my client on that initial call, and if you are happy to proceed, only then will I forward your details to my client and arrange an interview.
I may have other similar opportunities on the horizon (not yet advertised) which can be discussed at this point.
If you would rather talk to me before sending a CV, please don't hesitate to call Conrad Consulting (Edinburgh office) and ask for Connor Sandison!