North Somerset Council has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual who has strong administrational skill and interest or knowledge of technical structures or Civil Engineering works. We are a forward-thinking authority using the latest Highway Structures maintenance techniques to manage its network and you will play a key role in this essential function.
Typical duties will include:
Providing support to the Lead Engineer within the team on various design and maintenance duties including:
- Carrying out site inspections to Road Traffic Collision sites of Highway Vehicle Restraint Systems including measurements and photographs, production of works orders and managing the required repairing works to the damaged vehicle restraint systems.
- Collection of all the relevant information from road traffic collisions to vehicle restraint systems and submitting the required information to solicitors for vehicular insurance claims for damage.
- Maintaining regular up to date information for the Highway Structures Asset Management system.
- Organising and submission of streetworks notices and booking road space to deliver projects within the team.
- Assisting engineers and project teams in delivering Highway Structures Maintenance works.
- Assisting Highway Inspector with on-site inspections where two person inspections are required.
Our assets which mainly comprise of bridges, retaining walls and culverts play a sometimes unseen but essential role in the lives of residents, business, and visitors alike.
You should be educated to a minimum NVQ level 3. Your drive to progress will be rewarded with, an interesting and varied workload and a great working environment.
For an informal discussion email Chandan Bhumpelly, Highway Structures Team Manager: email@example.com.
Want to know more and apply? Click 'Apply' to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 14 December 2022
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.