Our client is a leading global design and engineering consultancy with a commitment to attracting, retaining and developing people who share a passion for improving the quality of their environments. People come first with this company and hard work is rewarded with long term investment in supporting and developing individuals to ensure that they reach their full potential.
They have asked us to help them find a talented Principal Rail Engineer join the team in their Manchester office on a full time permanent basis where they will play a leading role in developing and expanding their rail presence. Although based in Manchester there is also the opportunity for this role to be carried out on a full time remote working basis.
Projects: NW & Central Region CP6 Workbank, HS2 & Northern Powerhouse Rail and Midlands Hub programmes.
- A BSc/BEng or MSc/MEng or equivalent in a relevant discipline,
- A Chartered or Incorporated Engineer professional status, or equivalent,
- Relevant experience including leadership of the development and implementation of engineering solutions,
- Bridge design experience, preferably within a rail environment,
- Experience preparing design deliverables using bridge analysis and design software packages as well as using manual calculation methods,
- Experience of providing technical leadership and advice to project team members,
- Experience of applying sound independent engineering judgement in the development of projects,
- Maintain and extend a sound theoretical approach to the application of technology in engineering practice,
- Discuss ideas and plan competently and with confidence,
- Effective personal and social skills,
- Experience of delivery to a project's quality management system,
- Have a sound knowledge and experience of the management of design risks.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Senior/Principal Rail Engineer to take the next step in their career. In return our client is offering a competitive salary & a generous benefits package and a supportive and career enhancing working environment.
If you would like to be considered for this vacancy, please send your up to date CV to Graham Ventham to apply - suitable applicants will be contacted with further details.