Our client is an established multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with multiple offices throughout England. They currently have a vacancy in their Brighton office for a Flood Risk Engineer who will join their Flood Risk team on a full-time permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and passionate individual to share their engineering expertise but also to help develop their emerging Flood Risk team with the focus on delivering a first-class service to a variety of clients.
Projects: Residential, commercial, industrial, retail, leisure, education and healthcare - both private and public sector.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments in Flood Zone 1, 2 and 3;
- Preparation of foul and surface water drainage strategies, which incorporate SuDS techniques - suitable for outline/detailed planning and s104 submission;
- Conduct on-site investigations, such as walkovers and infiltration testing;
- Production and checking of quality, evidence led technical reports - such as flood risk reports, development of drainage strategies, river/flood modelling;
- Project management;
- Client liaison, fee proposals and invoicing;
- Working collaboratively with engineers, technicians and other disciplines;
- Business development with existing clients and creating new contacts/opportunities;
- Maintain high design standards and deliver solutions to projects; and
- To ensure full adherence of health, safety and environmental legislation, policy and best practice, ensuring people and the environment are protected.
- A degree in civil engineering,
- Demonstrable relevant experience;
- Professional member, or working towards, of The Institution of Civil Engineers, CIWEM or similar;
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation, drainage design standards and good practice;
- Sound knowledge of Microdrainage and Causeway software packages - a working knowledge of flood modelling software such as XP Storm, Hec-Ras, Tuflow or Floodmodeller would also be desirable;
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD software;
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office;
- Excellent written skills, particularly report writing and client liaison; and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to present information in detail to senior management team and staff.
On offer for the Flood Risk Engineer:
- A competitive salary,
- Company pension scheme
- private medical insurance,
- Life assurance,
- 25 days' annual leave, plus a day off for your birthday
- An emphasis on a healthy work-life balance,
- Flexible working arrangements,
- EAP scheme,
- Paid annual professional institution membership fee.
If you feel that you have the skills and attributes for this exciting opportunity then we would like to hear from you.
Please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham