We are pleased to be working with a long established and highly successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy to help them find a motivated and talented Graduate Civil Engineer to join the infrastructure team in their Sheffield office on a full time, permanent basis.
They pride themselves on a collaborative approach, passion for the industry and wealth of experience which ensures that they consistently deliver the best possible design solutions for both private and commercial clients across both the private and public sectors and ranging from small residential developments to large-scale urban design.
Under the guidance of a Senior Engineer, the successful candidate will assist in the Civil Engineering aspects of Appraisal, Planning and Detail Design of projects for housing, commercial and industrial developments along with GRIP 3 to 8 stages within the Rail environment.
- Pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations,
- Flood risk assessments (flood modelling undertaken by in-house team),
- Detailed drawings and calculations to technical approval for adoptable highways and drainage to Building Control, NHBC, S278, S38, S104, etc.
- Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles, etc.
- Prepare GRIP3 to 8 Design documents for Rail projects,
- Liaise with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Local Highway Authorities, Water Authorities, etc.
- Where appropriate represent the company at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public inquiries when required, and undertake site inspections.
- Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing.
- Preparation of rail submissions in line with Network Rail standards and procedures
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- Up to date knowledge of current UK Codes of Practice, Design Standards, Building Regulations, and Health and Safety,
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Civils 3d or equivalent would be ideal,
- Proficiency in MicroDrainage or equivalent would be ideal,
- Confident with a client facing
If you would like to know more about the client & the position available, please send an up to date CV to Sian for more details.