Planning Support officer
Your new company
A central London borough is looking for a talented planning support officer to support the professional team in the provision of a high-quality Planning Service. To carry out all administrative procedures relating to the receipt and processing of planning applications, and support the PPDT in the design, development, implementation, monitoring and review of policies, procedures and administrative support. To validate planning applications and deal with the administration of Enforcement and Appeals cases. To prepare reports and statistical information as required.
Your new role
*Support the day to day work of the professional staff of the Planning Policy & Decisions Team.
* Maintain the Statutory Register and similar records relating to Planning, Enforcement and Appeals in accordance with the relevant legislation by entering data on the Planning Application System.
* Maintain comprehensive filing systems and effective data systems.
* Process and monitor the receipt of planning fees.
* Provide administrative support for the statutory consultation process, including the production of site notices, consultation letters and press notices and logging consultation responses.
* Produce development management performance data both to the Director and other professional staff, and to regional and national government and related organisations as required.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience of records management (paper and electronic) and clerical/administrative procedures ideally within a changing and politically sensitive environment.
* Experience in a planning administration role and using planning application system software.
* Good knowledge of English grammar and numeracy.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, Outlook.
What you'll get in return
*Flexible working options available.
*Competitive hourly pay
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.