We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Highways Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious names in multi-disciplinary engineering services in a role that will offer the successful candidate a career working on some of the most exciting and challenging engineering projects around the globe.
The transportation team in their Cambridge office cover all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to detailed scheme design and delivery support and they require an experienced engineer to take on the role of managing their existing highways team.
- Lead the technical aspects of a wide variety of highway projects, using your competence and engineering judgement to prepare designs that meet our high technical standards, whilst ensuring they are cost effective and efficiently delivered to delight clients.
- Manage, mentor and support engineers, taking responsibility for their technical development and monitoring the quality of their work,
- Reviewing and certifying design models, documents, technical reports and other deliverables, ensuring they are ready for construction, including specifications, bills of quantities, digital models (primarily Civil 3D, Micro-drainage and federated model software) and all other outputs.
- A degree in Civil Engineering or a relevant qualification,
- A Chartered or near Chartered engineer,
- Excellent experience of working with Local Authorities in the delivery of highway improvement projects,
- Demonstrable and significant experience in highway design working in accordance with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and other standards/best practice guidance.
- An understanding of the commercial aspects of project delivery.
- Proven track record working as a team, agile, resourceful, resilient to challenge and adaptable to change.
On offer for the Senior Highways Engineer:
- A generous salary and flexible benefits package,
- Professional membership fees paid,
- Private medical insurance,
- Flexible and hybrid working,
- Free parking.
If you would like to know more, please do send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.