Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. In 2022, Langan ranked as one of the top 10 Best Firms to Work For and top 100 Hot Firms.
Langan International UK is seeking at Technical Director/Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join its collaborative team in London. This individual will serve a key function in managing client interaction, providing staff training and project leadership, preparation of technical reports, specifications, plans, designing foundations, retaining walls, and other geotechnical aspects of construction. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner cross-functionally with top industry leadership in an ever-evolving environment.
- Work closely with office leadership to develop growth plans and ensure staff utilization;
- Possess an entrepreneurial demeanor and participate in Business Development activities by developing new clients for the firm and maintaining relationships with existing clients;
- Preparation of technical reports, specifications, construction plans, and geotechnical recommendations;
- Provide direction and guidance/review of geotechnical design, including foundations, deep excavations, earthworks, ground improvement
- Provide direction with specialist analytical software, ideally including 3D FE software such as Plaxis
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and review of work for staff;
- Preparation of proposals, coordinating projects, managing clients and invoicing;
- Expand services to existing clients, and the potential to develop new clients while maintaining strong billability;
- Provide technical advice during construction projects;
- Perform and manage multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines. Monitor budgets, schedules, and project timelines; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering with a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field;
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) licensure;
- 10+ years related geotechnical experience;
- Prior experience with geotechnical investigations and construction inspections;
- Office experience with investigation and field work coordination, geotechnical reports, and specification writing;
- Prior field experience in: earthwork, driven and drilled pile construction, load testing, footings subgrade and backfill inspection, ground improvements, retaining wall design and construction, and excavation support system design and inspection;
- Desired software knowledge: gINT, Slide/SLOPE/W, PLAXIS, LPILE, GRLWEAP, MSEW, SHAKE;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Some field work is required; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: medical insurance reimbursement, paid time off, employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.