We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior / Principal Civil Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The Water based team in their Birmingham office welcome a variety of experience and would utilise the specialist skills of the successful candidate to support their agile and forward-thinking team in growing and delivering innovative multidisciplinary engineering solutions for a broad range of strategic UK and international clients, across clean and wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure. Candidates are required to be self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-disciplinary team on a range of projects including: treatment plants, desalination, pipeline and pumping stations, collection and storage systems.
- Lead and contribute to the successful delivery of UK and/or international projects across their lifecycles: from feasibility/options assessments to detailed design, construction, commissioning and handover support,
- Supporting win work pursuits through production of proposals, fees, and scope definition in accordance with the company bid management system,
- Engage with the clients and contractors, including in a Design and Build environment, to develop, innovate and implement best practice water engineering solutions,
- Collaborative working with the clients, contractors and across external/internal project teams to ensure successful and cost effective delivery of projects,
- Actively plan, execute and review engineering design deliverables including calculations, drawings, specifications and reports in accordance with relevant design standards, codes and company design management system,
- Contribute to the efficient and agile delivery of projects to meet programme and budget,
- Leadership in contributing to overall quality and safe design of technical solutions in project delivery,
- Champion the application of digital engineering initiatives and innovation in water sector solutions,
- Act as a mentor to other team members, potentially with line management responsibility.
- A degree in civil engineering,
- Chartered Member of a recognised engineering institution,
- Experience of design or Design and Build projects and bid delivery in the water and/or wastewater engineering sector. International experience is beneficial but not essential,
- A strong technical water sector background, including knowledge of relevant UK and international codes and standards,
- Highly motivated, organised and with a strong desire to lead and contribute to technical excellence within project teams and the wider company.
- Experience in a technical engineering lead role on projects,
- Experience of working with contractors to deliver the successful implementation of engineering solutions, in a Design and Build environment,
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a multidisciplinary team including clients, contractors and colleagues alike,
- Good understanding of digital initiatives and their application in the water industry.
- Flexible approach to work type and locations for project assignments, including overseas working or visits, if required
The successful Senior / principal Civil Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered