We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Design & Build (D&B) Design Manager to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The Water based team in their Birmingham office welcome a variety of experience and would utilise the specialist skills of the successful candidate to support their agile and forward-thinking team in growing and delivering innovative multidisciplinary engineering solutions for a broad range of strategic UK and international clients, across clean and wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure. Candidates are required to be self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-disciplinary team in leading and managing packages of work to completion.
- Management of multidiscipline tasks and projects to programme, budget and quality,
- Developing strong working relationships with clients,
- Co-ordination of multiple discipline inputs to achieve integrated designs/solutions,
- Leading the UK design teams for projects in the UK and other regions, including Middle East and Australia,
- Working collaboratively with company offshore resources,
- Assist in implementing company project BIM strategy including use of integrated design tools and data management systems,
- Preparation of schedules of work, work breakdown structures and risk and interface schedules,
- Contribute to Health and safety management of design including application of CDM 2015,
- Working towards delivering Net zero within projects.
- A degree in civil engineering,
- Chartered Member of a recognised engineering institution,
- Engineering Degree (Civil, Mechanical etc) or equivalent qualification,
- Experience in design delivery within Design and Build projects within the Water Sector,
- Sound commercial management experience when operating in a D&B environment, with ability to act as Project Manager,
- Ability to manage, motivate and delegate within a project delivery environment,
- Strong communication skills to articulate a clear technical direction with good written, verbal, networking and presentation skills,
- Experience of project delivery utilising BIM/Digital tools,
- Proactive commitment to health and safety.
The successful Senior Design & Build (D&B) Design Manager will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.