We are currently recruiting for an award winning multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with a reputation for innovative and sustainable design. They have a vacancy in their Manchester office for a highly motivated and experienced Structural Engineering Partner to join the team there on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will enjoy working on technically challenging projects and will have a focus on the delivery of results to clients. Working as part of a team and reporting to the board, you will take responsibility for the delivery of a variety of Structural Engineering projects and you will therefore be an enthusiastic and motivated team leader with excellent communication skills.
- Carry out executive reviews of reports, calculations, specifications, drawings and/or Revit/BIM Models,
- Provide leadership and management of your team and multidisciplinary teams,
- Delegate workload and monitor delivery and help train and mentor others,
- Bid for work and bring in income for the group,
- Be conversant with the practice Integrated Management System, policies and procedures,
- Liaise with co-professionals and clients and oversea information production and execution programmes,
- Liaise with other Associates and Partners to plan and ensure sufficient resourcing to enable timely project delivery,
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of structural works and existing buildings; prepare reports or sections thereof,
- Act on behalf of the company at meetings and to promote the services and skills of the practice,
- Develop client and co-professional relationships to build your own network of work-referrers and strengthen existing relationships,
- Prepare and present external technical and / or bid presentations.
- A degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent,
- A Chartered or near Chartered engineer,
- Excellent client and co-professional relationships and networking skills,
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of structural engineering solutions in all typical building materials including reinforced
- concrete, steel, timber and masonry.
- Significant experience of typical British construction methods, standard details and guidance (Building Regulations, NHBC etc.) and products
- Knowledge and experience of the application of the CDM Regulations,
The successful Structural Engineering Partner will be rewarded with a competitive salary & excellent benefits package along with exposure to a range of exciting projects. An added benefit to this tole is that this company supports agile working with a blend of office and home working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please get in touch with Graham Ventham for more details.