We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil / Structural Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
This role will see the successful candidate working in our clients national Design & Advanced Technology practice in their Epsom office, offering the opportunities for collaboration that this brings, but with a specific focus on civil and structural engineering within the Energy and Defence markets.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded civil / structural engineer, technically competent, with exemplary communication skills. This role would support projects in multiple sectors including transportation, energy, and defence.
- Lead a team to undertake technical design work following relevant design standards and codes, and to high-quality levels,
- Prepare briefs, scopes of work, and input into bid proposals,
- Successfully manage time and budgets to key project milestones and programmes,
- Work closely with teams in the UK and overseas to deliver integrated design solutions,
- Adhere to quality assurance standards in design.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer, MIStructE or MICE (or nearly Chartered),
- Experience in design delivery, including multidisciplinary design,
- Experience leading a design team,
- Able to work independently to deliver work, as well as part of a team,
- Take accountability and responsibility for work carried out by the individual or the team,
- Work well with and form relationships with others, including the client team, other disciplines, and contractors at all levels (junior - senior) inside and outside the business,
- Self-motivated to produce high-quality deliverables,
- Flexible attitude to the type of work undertaken, level of responsibility given, and work location,
- Experience coordinating with other disciplines in multi-discipline projects,
- Produce designs following CDM regulations,
- Strong communication skills, independent working, presenting, and influencing skills.
The successful Senior Civil / Structural Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.