We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Civil Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
This role will see the successful candidate working in our clients national Design & Advanced Technology practice, offering the opportunities for collaboration that this brings, but with a specific focus on civil and structural engineering within the Energy and Defence markets.
The ideal candidate would be a well-rounded civil engineer, technically competent across all core Civil Engineering disciplines, with exemplary communication skills, and who has experience leading teams and delivering projects. This role would support projects in multiple sectors including transportation, energy, and defence.
- Undertake, and technically lead teams in Civil Engineering designs including Surface Water, Foul Water, Reinforced Concrete Structures, Utility Design, and Coordination,
- Competently lead teams to deliver schemes on a large range of projects, from individual large-scale 'Mega-projects' through to multiple projects within frameworks,
- Prepare briefs, scopes of work, and input into bid proposals,
- Successfully manage time and budgets to key project milestones and programmes,
- Work closely with teams in the UK and overseas to deliver integrated design solutions,
- Adhere to quality assurance standards in design.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer, MIStructE or MICE (or nearly Chartered),
- Proficiency in designing at least one of the sub-fields of Civil Engineering with an excellent knowledge of the applicable codes and guidance of that sub-field (examples of sub-fields: Surface Water, Foul Water, Reinforced Concrete Structures, Utility Design, and Coordination,.
- Experience in design delivery, including coordinating with other disciplines in multidisciplinary design,
- Experience of leading a design team,
- Experience in business development and successful competitive tendering,
- Engineer with sound problem-solving skills, and a pragmatic, practical mind.
- Work well with and form relationships with others, including the client team, other disciplines, and contractors at all levels (junior - senior) inside and outside the business.
- Self-motivated to produce high-quality deliverables.
- Experience working with and negotiating with key project stakeholders including regulatory, statutory, and local bodies.
The successful Associate Civil Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.