Are you currently considering the next positive step in your career in infrastructure ? Do you have the desire and ambition to work on exciting Infrastructure projects in the UK.
We are working with an industry-leading multi-discipline consultancy who are looking to appoint a Design Manager in their London office to support the management of design professionals and technical aspects of Civil Engineering and multidisciplinary designs across a range of major infrastructure engineering projects.
Responsibilities of the Design Manager:
- Management of civil and/or structural tasks and projects to programme, budget and quality,
- Assist in implementing the company project BIM strategy including use of integrated design tools and data management systems,
- Co-ordination of multiple discipline inputs (including health and safety, sustainability, environment, planning) to achieve integrated designs/solutions,
- Helping to ensure successful integrated delivery of projects by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary environment including working closely with the company offshore resource,
- Helping to prepare schedules of work, work breakdown structures and risk schedules,
- Contribute to Health and safety management of design including application of CDM 2015,
- Working towards delivering Net zero within all work.
Requirements of the Design Manager:
- A relevant degree in Civil Engineering,
- Demonstrable experience within a Civil Engineering Design environment,
- Experience in design delivery including multidisciplinary design,
- Up to date knowledge of current design codes and design software relating to Civil Engineering Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment, act in best interest of team,
- Ability to manage, motivate and delegate within a project delivery environment,
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to listen and take instruction,
- Hands on BIM/Digital competency,
- Proactive commitment to health and safety.
On offer for the Design Manager:
- A generous salary and flexible benefits package,
- Professional membership fees paid,
- Private medical insurance,
- Flexible and hybrid working,
- Free parking
For more information on this fantastic career-enhancing opportunity, ring Graham Ventham or apply online now!