We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior / Principal Civil Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The Infrastructure Division in their Stockton on Tees office cover all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to detailed scheme design and delivery support and the successful Senior / Principal Civil Engineer will support them with their impressive portfolio of prestigious infrastructure projects.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded civil engineer, technically competent across all core Civil Engineering disciplines, with exemplary communication skills, and who has experience leading teams and delivering projects. This role would support projects in multiple sectors including transportation, energy, and defence.
- Undertake, and technically lead teams in Civil Engineering designs including Surface Water, Foul Water, Reinforced Concrete Structures, Utility Design, and Coordination.
- Competently lead teams to deliver schemes on a large range of projects, from individual large-scale 'Mega-projects' through to multiple projects within frameworks.
- Prepare briefs, scopes of work, and input into bid proposals.
- Successfully manage time and budgets to key project milestones and programmes.
- Work closely with teams in the UK and overseas to deliver integrated design solutions.
- Adhere to quality assurance standards in design.
- A relevant degree,
- A Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership,
- Proficiency in designing at least one of the sub-fields of Civil Engineering with an excellent knowledge of the applicable codes and guidance of that sub-field (examples of sub-fields: Surface Water, Foul Water, Reinforced Concrete Structures, Utility Design, and Coordination).
- Experience in design delivery, including coordinating with other disciplines in multidisciplinary design.
- Experience leading a design team.
- Experience in business development and successful competitive tendering.
- Engineer with sound problem-solving skills, and a pragmatic, practical mind.
- Take accountability and responsibility for work carried out by the individual or the team.
- Work well with and form relationships with others, including the client team, other disciplines, and contractors at all levels (junior - senior) inside and outside the business.
- Be self-motivated to produce high-quality deliverables.
- Experience working with and negotiating with key project stakeholders including regulatory, statutory, and local bodies.
- Produce designs following CDM regulations.
- Strong communication skills, independent working, presenting, and influencing skills.
The successful Senior / Principal Civil Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role.
An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.