We have an exciting opportunity for a Seismic Discipline Lead to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The successful candidate will join the Design and Advanced Technology (D&AT) Practice where they will work on projects across the globe, to build and lead a seismic technical network and to work with colleagues to develop value-propositions for our clients.
The ideal Seismic Discipline Lead will be an industry recognised subject matter expert in the field of seismic engineering, as applied in the design / consultancy context, with exemplary technical, communication and commercial skills. Further, the ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in developing capability, delivering projects, developing strategic relationships with clients, adding significant value to services lines and addressing client challenges. This role would support projects in multiple sectors including cities & development, energy and defence.
- Client Focus: Lead the discipline and support strategic service line relationship with clients, ensuring the company is regarded as a trusted technical partner. Bring together market & client intelligence to drive added value to clients to generate business growth and enhanced margins.
- Technical and Delivery Strategy: lead on the strategy for technical excellence and assured delivery, including technical best practice, knowledge sharing, staff training & competency, process standardisation & optimisation and design transformation across the disciplines and service line.
- Service Delivery and Quality: review current service line approaches throughout the service lifecycle and provide leadership for continuous improvement - cost, quality, pan-business collaboration, delivery efficiency, profit and client satisfaction.
- Innovation: Drive innovation and value added to provide differentiated services.
- Commercial: Work with practices and markets to develop strong commercial propositions which are attractive to clients and deliver business targets.
- Profile: Drive thought leadership and enhance the company reputation in the marketplace. Be an ambassador at market relevant events, leveraging opportunities to build greater awareness of company discipline capabilities and value propositions.
- Projects: Undertake technical reviews, problem solve and technically lead teams in seismic analysis and design - ranging from expert studies through to individual large-scale 'mega-projects'.
- Prepare briefs, scopes of work, and input into bid proposals.
- Successfully manage time and budgets to key project milestones and programmes.
- Work closely with teams in the UK and overseas to deliver integrated design solutions.
- Adhere to quality assurance standards in design.
- A degree in Civil Engineering,
- Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer with strong experience track record.
- Demonstratable experience of developing strategic relationships with clients, adding significant value to services lines and addressing client challenges.
- Subject matter expert level proficiency in seismic engineering with an excellent knowledge of the applicable codes and guidance (in particular Eurocodes and US codes).
- Experience in design delivery, including coordinating with other disciplines in multidisciplinary design.
- Experience leading a design team.
- Experience working in the energy and defence sectors, particularly nuclear new build.
- Experience in business development and successful competitive tendering.
- Engineer with sound problem-solving skills, and a pragmatic, practical mind.
- Take accountability and responsibility for work carried out by the person or the team.
- Work well with and form relationships with others, including the client team, other disciplines, and contractors at all levels (junior - senior) inside and outside the business.
- Be self-motivated to produce high-quality deliverables.
- Experience working with and negotiating with key project stakeholders including regulatory, statutory, and local bodies.
- Produce designs following CDM regulations.
- Strong communication skills, independent working, presenting, and influencing skills.
The successful Seismic Discipline Lead will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.