Are you an ambitious Senior Structural Engineer who is ready to take your career to the next level? Are your skills and experience being recognised in your current role?
We are working with a small and emerging multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Luton with an interesting and varied project workload. They work mainly with housing associations, home builders, private developers, Fencing companies, councils and private clients.
Their busy and growing team have an exciting opening for a Senior / Chartered Structural Engineer with at least 8 years' experience (ideally at least 4 Chartered) of working on buildings structures. The successful Senior Engineer will become an integral member of their skilled Structures team and help with their expanding workload on a full-time permanent basis. There is also an opportunity for the Chartered Senior Engineer to become a partner in the firm within a few years.
Projects: Schools, housing estates, large single houses, refurbishment projects including listed buildings, domestic projects, structural surveys for domestic & commercial projects, insurance work, acoustic barriers (motorway & railways) & flare stacks & other specialist structures.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- Ideally a Chartered Structural Engineer,
- A minimum of 8 years' experience as a Structural Design Engineer,
- Must be familiar with English codes of practice,
- Must be able to do calculations by hand without needing to rely on a computer,
- Must have an excellent understanding of building structures,
- Experience or desire to work for a small company or experience of working for a large company but interested in assisting the growth of a small practice would be preferable.
- Good client liaison and business development skills,
- Able to manage and lead a team.
On offer for the Senior / Chartered Structural Engineer:
- 3% pension
- Life insurance
- Mobile phone
- Fuel allowance of £0.50p per mile if using own car for business purposes.
This is a great opportunity for a driven Senior Structural Engineer, who is passionate about design, to gain exposure to a range of fantastic building structures projects and to further enhance their career. The role offers a clear career path with a competitive salary & benefits package.
To apply, please forward an up to date CV to Sian Burke to be considered.