Invaluable structural project engineering experience, training and progression are on offer with our client, a leading engineering and management consultancy. The position provides meaningful change, your time will be divided between design office and visiting sites , whilst under the mentorship of a chartered engineer. As a key part of a six strong team you will provide input on design production, but with more responsibility for tracking progress of projects and working closely with clients and stakeholders. You will develop your management skills alongside your technical expertise and be supported to achieve chartered or incorporated status. The company works in growth areas including energy, renewables, mission critical, building and conservation. Their success means their civil and structural team is steadily expanding and career prospects are excellent.
- Assist at client advisory/ scoping stages
- Provide concept design input
- Assist with RC and steel design production
- Assisting with resource management and programming
- Regular site and client visits (typically 1-3 weekly)
- Design team meetings with clients and external consultants
- Providing feedback on project progress
- A degree or HND qualified structural or civil engineer
- Three or more years structural design experience
- Experience of building structures or civil engineering superstructures
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Holder of a valid UK driving licence
A long established, independently owned, multidiscipline engineering and management consultancy with over two hundred employees throughout the UK. They have extensive expertise in civil & structural
A generous amount of working flexibility is offered and home working is accommodated. Your time would be prioritised around site visits and the face to face time required with your line manager and design team colleagues.