Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with a recognised Public Body Client to recruit for a Project Manager - Structures. The Project Manager (Structures) will be responsible for managing a wide range of revenue and capital funded civil engineering projects from Inception to Closure. Project types include a range of structures (bridges, culverts, retaining walls earthworks and sea defences) including environmental considerations on the railway network and include complex, multidisciplinary projects as well as minor works With over 4000 employees across various locations throughout the province, this company is one of Northern Ireland's largest employers who has 50+ years' experience in providing quality public sector services throughout Northern Ireland. Due to a consistent pipeline of work leading into 2023/24, this organisation now seeks a Project Manager to join their growing structures team.
Your new role
The Project Manager (Structures) will be responsible for managing a wide range of revenue and capital funded civil engineering projects from Inception to Closure. Project types include a range of structures (bridges, culverts, retaining walls earthworks and sea defences) including environmental considerations on the railway network and include complex, multidisciplinary projects as well as minor works.
Tasks of this role include:
- Define project requirements and scope and prepare Project Brief
- Develop and maintain Project Execution Plan
- Liaise with statutory authorities and ensure consent approvals
- Manage design development process and technical approvals
- Support development of project Business Case (Economic Appraisal)
- Develop project budget costs and contingency (risk allowance) and manage through project life cycle.
- Develop project schedule and critical path
- Develop procurement and contracts strategy for all suppliers and contractors and manage the procurement process
- Where required, manage programmes in accordance with company Procedures and best practice guidance including Managing Successful Programmes (MSP).
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to join a recognised brand name within Northern Ireland and be part of a variety of exciting and attractive projects. You will receive an industry leading package including a competitive salary and an attractive pension (19%). This opportunity which will be NI based, providing you with a 37-hour working week and 35 days annual leave. In addition, you will receive free onsite car parking and free public transport.
What you need to succeed
- Minimum 3 years' experience in civil engineering projects
- Sound knowledge and experience of project management methodologies and documentation
- Experience in managing construction contracts
- Proven experience in managing project budgets and schedules
- Construction or Engineering related bachelor degree e.g. Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Management.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Bobbi Fleming now on 02890446900. You can also email me directly to receive a call back.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.