We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate / Senior (Civil & Structural Engineer) to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
This role will see the successful candidate working in our clients national Design & Advanced Technology practice in their Warrington office, offering the opportunities for collaboration that this brings, but with a specific focus on civil and structural engineering within the Energy and Defence markets.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded civil / structural engineer, technically competent, with exemplary communication skills. This role would support projects in multiple sectors including transportation, energy, and defence.
- Undertake, and technically lead teams in Civil Engineering designs and Coordination,
- Prepare briefs, scopes of work, and input into bid proposals,
- Successfully manage time and budgets to key project milestones and programmes,
- Work closely with teams in the UK and overseas to deliver integrated design solutions,
- Adhere to quality assurance standards in design.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer, MIStructE or MICE (or nearly Chartered),
- Experience in design delivery, including coordinating with other disciplines in multidisciplinary design,
- Sound knowledge in design and analysis of heavy concrete and steel structures, and familiarity with current design standards and working practices, both British Standards and American codes,
- Experience leading a design team,
- Experience in business development and successful competitive tendering,
- Take accountability and responsibility for work carried out by the individual or the team,
- Work well with and form relationships with others, including the client team, other disciplines, and contractors at all levels (junior - senior) inside and outside the business,
- Be self-motivated to produce high-quality deliverables,
- Experience working with and negotiating with key project stakeholders including regulatory, statutory, and local bodies,
- Produce designs following CDM regulations,
- Strong communication skills, independent working, presenting, and influencing skills.
The successful Senior / Associate (Civil / Structural) Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.