We are working with a global, market leading contractor that specialises in sourcing energy from waste and renewable gas. They have asked us to help them find a site based Design Coordinator to join the civil/Structural works management team on a site which is based in Witham.
- Managing the design processes of subcontractors within the civil works on site in liaison with the Lead Engineer Civil,
- Responsible for the civil works to be executed in accordance with the contract, and conform with project time, budget, HSE and quality requirements,
- Responsible for managing the design interface with external and/or in-house design teams and you pro-actively establish the design release schedule and monitor the design progress to ensure agreed target milestones are met and mitigate risk and delays,
- Able evaluate the design provided by others and facilitate technically profound construction solutions with consideration to the complexity of works,
- Represent the civil design department when necessary at internal and external meetings,
- Provide construction experience feedback for the current and future projects.
- A degree in civil / structural engineering or architecture,
- At least 5 years of experience in the construction industry,
- Experience with both design consultants and civil contractors are key for this role,
- Strong experience in civil project management and design coordination, preferably in large scale civil, industrial or plant business construction projects,
- Solution orientated, forward planner & strong communicator combined with good negotiation skills, resilience and structured work style,
- Good knowledge of QA processes as applicable to the civil construction industry,
- Good command of English, other languages are an advantage.
On offer for the Site Design Coordinator:
- A competitive salary,
- Responsible challenge with diversified field of activity,
- Team-oriented working atmosphere in an international company,
- Personal development opportunities through company academy,
- Opportunity to gain an insight into various technical disciplines,
- Excellent employment conditions,
- State of the art infrastructure.
If this opportunity is of interest please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham or call him for more details on 01728 726126.