Permanent, Contracts Engineer, Leeds
Your new company
Fantastic opportunity to work with a leading civil engineering company, they strive for growth and career development
A tier one client in Leeds is looking for a Contracts Engineer to support on specialist structural and repair projects.
The tier one client in question delivers innovative structural repair, strengthening, protection and maintenance solutions enabling customers assets to return to full capacity and thus extend their respective working life. Their clients include Highways as well as some of the major local authorities across the UK. They have also successfully transferred these services into various other key sectors including rail, marine, coastal, power, industrial and commercial sectors.
Your new role
The client states that you will have the following accountabilities as a Contracts Engineer,
- Undertake management of internal resource and subcontractors;
- Ensure that the works are constructed in accordance with the contract drawings, specification and Project Management Plan;
- Manage site dimensional control ensuring that contractors have the facilities for setting out of the works;
- Produce and review construction methods statements ensuring that the works are constructed efficiently and safely;
- Produce all site documentation for delivery of the works including PMP, PVPMP, ITP, Construction Phase Management Plan etc as required;
- Develop then work to programmes, measuring progress and productivity outputs;
- Understand and apply the procedures and processes detailed in the project Health, Safety and Environmental plans, and to promote a safe working culture;
- Ensure the works are undertaken safely and in accordance with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation and the site HS&E plans. Prepare and review risk assessments;
- Support and drive behavioural safety on site;
- Be responsible for the monitoring, progress reporting and achieving of goals for the work under his/her responsibility;
- Anticipate and resolve problems, in particular related to engineering issues;
- Manage construction records, O&M manuals and as built drawings;
- Support our "Customer Focus", "Construction Excellence" and "Innovation" strategy.
What you'll need to succeed
Specifically the client requires the below skill sets, not all are essential however an applicant with a background in these skills would be ideal.
- A reasonable level of experience in structural repair/specialist repair projects delivery
- This could be in ANY of the above areas/sectors described
- Able to understand technical proposals and contracts covering these types of projects
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and access to a wide range of benefits. These include an excellent pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, buying and selling of annual leave and much more. If you value work-life balance, this company is a great place to work. Employees enjoy generous annual leave allowances, a normal working day I this role would be 7:30-4:30.
Salary - 45/55K + Benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Lewis Smith now on 0114 276 0536.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.