A Principal Structural Engineer is required by our design focused client based in central Glasgow on a permanent basis.
As a Principal Engineer, you will work closely with colleagues across various disciplines and you will manage the delivery of technically challenging and profitable projects, ensuring expertise and knowledge can be shared throughout the business.
The firm prides themselves on being one of the largest employee-owned consultancies in Scotland, emphasising their commitment to all staff members whilst strengthening the long-term continuity of the business.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with clients to ensure that projects are completed according to the brief, on schedule, and to the best possible standards.
- Develop, train, and supervise junior engineers
- Prepare and direct designs, specifications, and progress reports
- Attract new clients and maintain excellent relationships with existing clients to gain repeat business
PRINCIPAL ENGINEER PROFILE
- Degree in structural/civil engineering or equivalent
- Chartered or nearing chartered level
- Ideally SER registered
- Ability to coach and mentor a diverse team
- Excellent communication skills
- £52,000 - £58,000 Per annum
- 35-hour work week with flexible/ hybrid working
- 5% matched pension
- Annual salary reviews
- Company bonus (bi-annually)
- Life assurance (3x salary)
- 26 days annual leave + 7 days over Christmas period
- Income protection (50% of salary)
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
When you hit apply your CV will land in my inbox, at which point, I'll arrange a suitable time to discuss this opportunity with you over the phone.
I'll disclose the name of my client on that initial call, and if you are happy to proceed, only then will I forward your details to my client and arrange an interview.
I may have other similar opportunities on the horizon (not yet advertised) which can be discussed at this point.
If you would rather talk to me before sending a CV, please don't hesitate to call Conrad Consulting (Edinburgh office) and ask for Connor Sandison!