Our client is a market leading construction firm that specialises in the delivery of complex civil engineering projects. They currently have an exciting opportunity a Project Design Manager to join the team on site based in C London on a full time permanent basis.
The Project Design Manager will play a leading role in the coordination and delivery of design for key infrastructure works for both permanent and temporary works projects and the successful candidate will therefore require a clear understanding of the design process and dependencies together with strong organisational skills.
- Contributes to the review and selection process of the consultant and sub-contractor teams, this includes but is not limited to: agreements, fees, scope of deliverables, responsibilities, programmes,
- Manage the design, design procurement and development process in consideration of health & safety, programme, cost, sustainability, and quality requirements,
- Monitor, review, manage and report on the "buildability" of the design proposals in line with the agreed construction, consultant design programmes and cost plan,
- Manage, monitor, track, and report on compliance / derogations with the Employer's Requirements and obtain associated design approvals,
- Manage, monitor, track, and report on change control,
- Stimulate innovation and challenge technical proposals provided by the consultant team and the Employers Requirements to add value,
- Manage, monitor, track, and report on Information Required and Request for Information Schedules,
- Manage and track and record compliance with statutory bodies in relation to planning consent and Building Regulations compliance and other third-party approvals,
- Manage and track and record compliance with technical legislation, standards codes of practice and industry good practice,
- Identify and manage design and construction related risks, de-risk the design in in relation to CDM / health, safety and welfare, technical delivery, cost and programme.
- Able to demonstrate a full understanding of the design process and design and design validation workflows,
- Proven capability in client reporting and liaison,
- Proven leadership, negotiation and influencing skills and attributes,
- Experience of working in a site-based role,
- Has sufficient topical awareness to facilitate a positive contribution to the company health and safety, quality, and sustainability targets,
- Proven experience administering processes to demonstrate compliance with the CDM 2015 Regulations,
- Good working technical knowledge,
- Good working knowledge of temporary works,
Our client is offering the Project Design Manager a competitive salary & benefits package along with plenty of opportunity to challenge yourself and build on your existing skillset within an experienced & highly skilled team of professionals. This firm boasts an excellent staff retention rate, and you will be working within a friendly & supportive working environment where you will be a valued member of the team.
This role has the added benefit of offering blended working with a combination of on site, office and home working.
If you would like to know more, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details and a confidential chat.