Civils Quantity Surveyor - Permanent | Flintshire| Between £30,000 - £50,000 + Package (DOE and level)
Your new company
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join an established Civil Engineering Contractor based in Flintshire, they are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to add to their team. This position will suit either an ambitious Assistant Quantity Surveyor keen to progress their career, or an already established Quantity Surveyor looking for a new challenge
They specialise across the wide range of Civil Engineering, and typical projects will include: Sea Defence, Earthworks, Structures, 278 works, Drainage, General Civil Engineering and Roads. Project values from 500k, upto £2.5m. They essentially operate as a Subcontractor, but will also operate as PC
Your new role
You will be a key part of the team that deal with NEC & JCT Civil Engineering works; you will be part of a wider Commercial & Construction team who see their projects through from inception to final accounts.
Typical keys skills and responsibilities will be:
- Producing bills of quantities / schedule of works and take offs
- Estimating and producing feasibility cost plans
- Checking, and analysing tenders; including preparing tender reports
- Preparing monthly cost reports and general contract administration
- Compensation Events, and accurate reporting
What you'll need to succeed
- Ambitious and wanting to progress your career
- You will have experience as a Quantity Surveyor within the Civil Engineering sector
- NEC experience
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Have a full UK driving licence.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
- Be competent with both Microsoft word and excel.
- Have the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with clients and staff.
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to join a leading Civil Engineering Contractor in the Infrastructure market. Depending on your current experience level, this is an opportunity to progress as an Assistant QS (they will also consider candidates who are still studying, and are on day release); and also experienced Quantity Surveyors looking for a new challenge
Salary between £30,000 - £50,000, depending on experience and level
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.