ABOUT DELVE UNDERGROUND
Delve Underground is a leader in heavy civil engineering, serving the transportation, water, wastewater, and energy industries. Specializing in tunnel design and construction management, we provide innovative solutions to the most challenging underground problems. Offering comprehensive design, construction management, and dispute-resolution capabilities, our expertise includes civil, structural, geotechnical, mechanical, and electrical engineering. Founded in 1954, Delve Underground is an employee-owned firm with 21 offices and over 330 team members throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
We want our employees to make a career doing what they love to do. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and help our team members forge their own path within the company. We support their efforts to stay on the cutting edge of technology while fostering a great work-life balance. In addition to working hard, we also have fun. We socialize and celebrate achievements at summer picnics, holiday parties, and company outings.
We are pleased to accept applications from underrepresented groups and encourage applications from Indigenous persons, youth, new immigrants, and persons with disabilities.
Benefits: Dental, Extended Health Care Benefit, Critical Illness Insurance, Health Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Education Reimbursement Program, Stock program, 10 Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Wellness Reimbursement.
Delve Underground Canada is looking for a Construction Manager to help deliver world class tunnel projects in the Lower Mainland of BC. This is a full-time, regular (permanent) position with the Vancouver, BC, Canada office. The successful candidate will be a recognized leader in construction management for major underground projects, particularly as it applies to water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer and gas pipeline installations. We are looking for a candidate with demonstrated ability to direct and lead project teams, demonstrate a high degree of foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving problems and show a consistent track record of delivering projects on time and budget.
- Act as project owner's representative in managing construction contractors, including acting as the primary point of contract with contractors, and performing contract administration duties such as payments, change orders, time extensions, claims, and certificates of completion. Provide/oversee progress reporting to owner's organization.
- Manage a construction management team, consisting of resident engineers, office/field engineers, cost controller, document controller, inspectors, and administrative support.
- Lead discussions, meetings, and workshops.
- Plan, create and oversee deliverables such as schedules, specifications, and budget reports.
- Lead technical and management QA/QC reviews per client requirements and/or company policy.
- Lead risk management efforts.
- Manage projects with construction budgets up to $500 Million.
- Develop business development strategies resulting in opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Promote and represent the Company in industry forums.
- Provide input to company strategic initiatives and objectives.
- Promote and contribute to the Delve Underground Construction Management Group growth and development outlined in the company's Strategic Plans.
- 20+ years heavy civil industry experience: engineering, construction or construction management, including 15+ years specialized management experience in the construction management of large and complex underground infrastructure projects.
- Diploma in Applied Science Technology or Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering (or overseas equivalent).
- Holds technologist or engineering professional registration/certification.
- General experience with environmental and reclamation construction work.
- Must have the ability to professionally speak and write in English.
- Must have the ability to travel to project sites within the greater Vancouver, BC area.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!