Temporary structural engineers wanted.
Your new company
Expert leading consultancy in the field of temporary works, including all of those parts of the works that allow or enable construction of, protect, support or provide access to, the permanent works.
Employing over 40 structural and geotechnical engineering professionals, we are part of the Keltbray Group but also act as an independent consultant to major property clients and construction companies.
Your new role
- Develop drawings and calculations for temporary works and construction methods including:
- Heavy lift plans (site logistics, equipment selection, design of custom rigging and lifting devices, hoisting and jacking systems, custom tools, and crane pad designs)
- Erection procedures or planned sequences related to construction or demolition operations
- Evaluation of existing structures for construction loads and/or demolition planning
- Structural analysis to ensure stability during the temporary condition of new bridges, viaducts, buildings, tunnels, and other structures (for example: construction staging, design of temporary falsework systems, and rebar cage hoisting and support)
- Support of excavation systems or cofferdams for construction below grade
- Temporary bridges, trestles, work platforms, fall protection systems, formwork, and other features relating to our construction operations
- Perform and/or review others' calculations and design drawings, according to industry codes, standards, additional client design criteria, and structural theories
- Ensure quality and accuracy of the design deliverables
- Help to identify design risks and assist with risk mitigation planning
- Assist in Project Management (budgets, schedules, quality control, and coordination / communication with clients)
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience with temporary structures and/or construction engineering
* Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering; Master's degree or greater in Structural Engineering is preferred
* 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
* Professional Engineer licensure or eligibility within Canada
* Strong all-around academic knowledge of structural engineering
* Experience with engineering design software will be an advantage
What you'll get in return
Hybrid working for the right candidate
Great place to work, with in house cafe.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.