Principal Engineer for Twickenham based consultancy
Your new company
For us, business is personal. We listen, understand and adapt to provide the right skills to meet and exceed expectations. Our talented teams thrive in complex situations. We design solutions that resolve obstacles and create places that stand the test of time, this is our legacy. We insist on a culture of respect, recognising
that our differences make us stronger. We strongly believe that great client service is based on quality, consistency, and reliability. Our promises guide our decisions, people, and actions to create experiences that make our clients feel cared for and listened to.
Your new role
an excellent opportunity in our Twickenham office for an experienced Principal Civil Engineer to join our forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. The purpose of this role is to provide pro-active supporting function to the senior level engineering staff, be responsible for the design delivery of a range of private and public sector development infrastructure schemes, have responsibility of running their own projects, managing the activities and tasks of more junior members of the team.
- Drainage and Highway designs for all types and scales of development projects
- External levels and drainage design
- Leading on securing S104 and S278/38 technical approvals
- Liaise with client and the design teams to manage and procure the timely delivery of outputs for all projects
- Deliver projects to quality and financial requirements
- Undertake project management duties
- Prepare and manage delivery of technical reports
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Incorporated or Chartered Civil Engineer or nearing chartership
- Experience of development infrastructure designs - residential, commercial, leisure, mixed-use, industrial, etc.
- Experience of preparing detailed drainage and SuDS design
- Experience of S104, S278/38 processes
- Experience of DMRB, Manual for Streets, Sewers for Adoption, local authority design guides
- Projects and team delivery management
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Experience of applying internal QA procedures
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders
- Proficiency in the use of design software such as MicroDrainage, Civils3D, PDS, AutoCAD, MX, etc.
What you'll get in return
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.