Boutique structural engineering consultancy - Croydon
Your new company
I am working with a boutique consultancy who's aim is to develop tailored buildings to create the best possible living environment. This can improve people's health and wellbeing by enhancing the spaces where we all live and work. The practice is based in South London with the majority of projects within the M25, and a variety of other projects around the UK. The practice also has several international projects. Surrounded by historic buildings in London, the team has gained significant expertise in historic period properties and are leaders in the field of renovation and repair. The practice has the knowledge to transform older buildings to their former pride.
Your new role
- Attend most sites unattended and advise clients.
- Supervise, advising & Checking Structural Engineer in team's work and calculations
- Teaching & mentoring junior engineers work
- Ensuring that information and procedures are followed by engineer in team
- Senior engineers are expected to know and implement good site safety and how their designs impact upon site, the construction, maintenance and demolition of a project.
- Monitor teams' production of Designers risk assessments Highlight if other engineers require further training
What you'll need to succeed
- The engineer must be able to adequately be able to deal with confrontation situations with contractor. Knowledge of applying loads it is expected that loads should be calculated correctly Understanding of the Codes Understanding of the building regulations Understand stability of different structures.
- Analysis Software
- Understand ROBOT
- Understand TEDDS
- Work on Auto CAD
- Understand Revit
What you'll get in return
- Salary is negotiable & dependant on experience.
- Pension Bi-annually bonus.
- Hybrid available after probational period.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.