Senior Civil Engineer - Orpington
Your new company
An award winning, multi-disciplinary property and construction consultancy. Our 80 years of experience within the industry provides us with the skills and expertise to overcome various challenges with innovative solutions.
Our experience of delivering award-winning projects extends across all major sectors. Our integrated management system incorporates ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001. Our PAS 1192 BIM Level 2 accreditation and experience in modern methods of construction place us at the forefront of industry advances.
Your new role
Working within a busy group of Civil and Structural Engineers, the Senior Engineer should be professionally dedicated, innovative and enthusiastic with a flexible approach to work. Reporting to the Partner in charge of the department, the Senior Engineer will be responsible for the timely and cost effective management of projects to which they are allocated. Interaction with Clients and other members of the Design Team will be a key undertaking of the position. :
- Report to, and take direction from, the Partner(s) in the Civil and Structural Engineering Group.
- Manage projects from inception to completion to ensure that deliverables are issued to programme, to the required quality standard and within the budget set by the Partner.
- Act as lead or sole designer as appropriate to size of particular project.
- Prepare reports, general correspondence, etc. as required in connection with the running of projects.
- Undertake scheme and detailed design as appropriate on individual projects, including preparation of detailed design calculations, checking drawings and other deliverables.
- Supervise and mentor other Engineers and Technicians within the team.
- When required by the Partner, assist other members of the Team to complete tasks, particularly in relation to meeting project deadlines.
- Liaise with other members of the design and construction team, representing the Civil and Structural Engineering Group.
- Preparing design programmes for production deliverables.
- Financial and resource management of projects.
- Team Development, work winning and Client management.
- Assisting in pursuing late payments by Clients.
What you'll need to succeed
- First Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Working towards Chartered status.
- Experience in groundworks, drainage and highway design.
- Able to produce written reports.
- Experienced user of analysis and design software (Causeway Flow/Windes MicroDrainage, Civil 3D, AutoCAD ets).
- Essential Personal Skills: Self-starter, motivated.
- Able to work with minimal supervision/ on own initiative but accept guidance and provide continual feedback to line manager.
- Team worker.
- Good communicator.
- Personable and confident.
Our Vision: To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the built environment.
What you'll get in return
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.