As a Principal Highways Engineer, you will be working from the comfort of home for one of the world most recognised multidisciplinary consultancies on Hybrid basis.
You will join a growing transportation division that covers all aspects of design and management from inception to project delivery and support.
Within this role you can expect to work on local infrastructure projects as well as UK-wide projects for a mixture of both private and public clients.
Alongside delivering projects you will have the opportunity to identify and manage future business opportunities as well as developing other team members.
The role is suitable for an experienced Highways Engineer with an appetite to contribute to the sustainable growth of an established design office whilst maintaining the highest possible engineering standards to ensure client satisfaction.
In addition to the above, you will
- Provide technical guidance on all projects
- Mentor and coach team members
- Review the work of others
- Liaise with practice managers and ensure that projects are sufficiently resourced
- Identify commercial opportunities whilst mitigating risks
- Support the business in winning work at networking events, preparing bids and tenders, maintaining relationships with existing clients
Principal Highways Engineer Profile
- Chartered or near chartered level
- Experience working closely with clients, stakeholders, local authorities, transport Scotland etc
- Sound knowledge of latest infrastructure standards and guidance documents
- Proven track record of coaching and developing team members
- Ability to advise clients on technical matters
- Strong interpersonal skills
- £55,000 - £60,000 Per annum
- 100% work from home options available
- 10% company pension (you pay 5%, company pays 10%)
- Professional subscription fee covered
- 34 days annual leave (buy and sell options available)
- Work from abroad options
When you hit apply your CV will land in my inbox, at which point, I'll arrange a suitable time to discuss this opportunity with you over the phone.
I'll disclose the name of my client on that initial call, and if you are happy to proceed, only then will I forward your details to my client and arrange an interview.
I may have other similar opportunities on the horizon (not yet advertised) which can be discussed at this point.
If you would rather talk to me before sending a CV, please don't hesitate to call Conrad Consulting (Edinburgh office) and ask for Connor Sandison!