Do you consider yourself to be talented and ambitious with aspirations to join one of the UK's leading consultancies? If so, we would like to hear from you.
Our client has an excellent reputation for delivering projects and is in the enviable position of having a healthy orderbook. As a result, they are looking to bring an experienced Senior / Principal Flood Risk Engineer into their Birmingham office to build on current successes and support the ongoing growth of the current team.
The successful candidate will have at least 6 years' previous experience, the core role will be to deliver Flood Risk Assessments for development projects in accordance with the NPPF, including sustainable drainage strategies for planning and also due diligence flood risk advice to landowners and carry out flood studies in the public sector. Work will include a wide variety of projects, such as high-profile estate regeneration projects, mixed-use urban developments, strategic land schemes, tall buildings, industrial & logistics facilities, highways, rail, river enhancement and flood alleviation schemes across the UK where flood risk is a key aspect of a development.
- Acting as author of Flood Risk Assessments for a broad mix of private sector development and public sector flood risk management schemes,
- Formulation of conceptual surface water drainage strategies incorporating SuDS and associated hydraulic calculations,
- Attending meetings with clients, design teams, local authorities and statutory and non-statutory consultees,
- Recognising and communicating flooding and drainage related constraints and opportunities at development sites,
- Mentoring junior staff,
- Writing clear and concise reports.
- A degree in civil engineering,
- A Chartered or near Chartered Engineer,
- A minimum of 6 years previous experience,
- Good knowledge of the planning system, in particular policy and guidance including the NPPF and SuDS Manual,
- Understanding of hydrological and hydraulic modelling principles, ideally with some experience with Tuflow, Flood Modeller and FEH,
- Good financial control, project management and communication skills in a client facing role.
The successful candidate will be an individual who aspires to help shape the future of this company and will therefore have the ability to be creative, motivate a team and impress clients. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for a mix of office and home working to suit individual needs.
For more details and an opportunity to be considered for this fantastic role please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham or call him on 01728 726120.