Our client is a successful multi -disciplinary engineering design consultancy with a passion to promote and deliver innovative, best value and design excellence across a variety of projects both on a national and international basis.
They have asked us to help them find a talented Civil / Structural Design Engineer to undertake building structural and / or civil Engineering design on projects in their Attleborough office on a full time, permanent basis. The successful candidate would be required to mentor and support more junior members of the team.
A broad project base is on offer including retail, commercial and residential.
- Production of feasibility, planning and working drawings where required,
- Translate standard/proprietary manufacturer's details onto working drawings,
- Produce and check Designers Health and Safety Risk Assessments as required for projects,
- Ensure the dimensional accuracy and compliance with all relative project drawings,
- When necessary, visit site and carry out level/measured survey to ensure dimensional compatibility between existing and proposed structures,
- Undertake project co-ordination (controlling the preparation and timely issue of design data in accordance with QA procedures) and contractor's programme,
- To produce reports and specifications ensuring the compliance with National/International Standards, Statutory requirements, and the project brief,
- On Engineering led p r o j e c t s , coordinate regular internal project design team reviews/meetings as identified within the Project Management Plan,
- Determine technical content of drawings, (with reference to any legal requirements of the Building Regulations and other statutory bodies),
- Decide the format and scope of design data required for project (drawings, schedules, specification, etc.),
- In conjunction with the contractor's staff, establish the most efficient and economic method of construction/use of materials within the technical requirements/constraints.
- A degree in civil engineering,
- Working toward IEng preferred, but not essential,
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience,
- A working knowledge of the following:
- Prominent civil or structural guides/codes of practice (appropriate to discipline)
- Basic temporary works design
- General Construction and Engineering des ign and Detailing
- Computer Aided Design Software (AutoCAD, REVIT/ Civils 3D, Microdrainage, CADs, Tekla, Tedds, Scale etc as appropriate to design discipline),
- A full, clean Driving licence.
A generous pension and other range of other benefits are on offer for the successful candidate. This role also has the added advantage of hybrid working with a blend of home and office working. This role also has the added benefit of offering blended working with a combination of on site, office and home working.
If you are interested and would like to know more details about the role & company, please apply by sending your up to date CV through to Graham Ventham at Conrad Consulting.