Our client is a successful multi -disciplinary engineering design consultancy with a passion to promote and deliver innovative, best value and design excellence across a variety of projects both on a national and international basis.
They have asked us to help them find a talented Senior Civil / Structural Technician to lead the production of drawings and assist Engineers with, models, reports and other information for projects in their Attleborough office on a full time, permanent basis. The successful candidate would be required to mentor and support other technicians within the team.
A broad project base is on offer including retail, commercial and residential.
- Production of working drawings, reports and specifications ensuring the compliance with National/International Standards, statutory requirements, and the project brief,
- Production of design output using BIM software appropriate to the engineering discipline, eg REVIT, Civil 3D, etc. Understanding of BIM standards, protocols, and procedures,
- In consultation with Engineers, decide the format and scope of design data required for the project (drawings, schedules, specifications etc.),
- Determine alongside the senior staff, the technical content of drawings,
- Translate standard/proprietary manufacturer's details onto working drawings,
- Prepare design calculations for engineering elements where required in support of the Engineers (e.g. foundations, building elements such as beams, external works levels, drainage levels and gradients),
- Produce and check Designers Health and Safety Risk Assessments as required for the project, using knowledge of CDM and relevant legislation,
- Ensure the dimensional accuracy and compliance with all relevant project drawings,
- When necessary, visit site and carry out level/measured surveying to ensure dimensional compatibility between proposed and existing structures. Checking of reinforcement prior to concreting, etc.
- Apply (and assist with development of) drawing/ BIM standards and QA procedures,
- Depending on the type, urgency, and complexity of a project, undertake project co-ordination/ DTL role. Controlling the preparation and timely issue of design data in accordance with QA procedures and Contractors Programme.
- Mentoring, support, and supervision of Trainees/Technician Engineers as directed by the Management Team,
- In conjunction with the contractor's team and Engineers, establish the most efficient and economic method of construction/use of materials within the technical requirements/constraints,
- On every project, work closely with other internal and external design team members to ensure that company design output is compliant with both specification and project constraints, and fully dimensionally coordinated,
- Effectively communicate with the design team to establish programme and key dates for information issue, contributing to workload scheduling for both yourself and those under your mentoring / supervision,
- Contribute to fee calculations through the accurate evaluation of detailing resource (time) required on the project. Monitor and report performance to Engineer when required.
- Check drawings, schedules, and specifications for compliance with design requirements and current best practice / standards.
- An HNC In civil engineering,
- EngTech preferred but not essential,
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience,
- A working knowledge of the following:
- Building Regulations (particularly Parts A and H)
- Reinforced Concrete Detailing (Standard Practice)
- General Construction and Engineering d e s i g n a n d Detailing
- Computer Aided Design Software (AutoCAD, REVIT/ Civils 3D)
- Good client facing communication skills,
- A full, clean Driving licence.
A generous pension and other range of other benefits are on offer for the successful candidate. This role also has the added advantage of hybrid working with a blend of home and office working. This role also has the added benefit of offering blended working with a combination of on site, office and home working.
If you are interested and would like to know more details about the role & company, please apply by sending your up to date CV through to Graham Ventham at Conrad Consulting.