Our client is a successful multi -disciplinary engineering design consultancy with a passion to promote and deliver innovative, best value and design excellence across a variety of projects both on a national and international basis.
They have asked us to help them find a talented Civil / Structural Technician to undertake the production of drawings and assist Engineers with, models, reports and other information for projects in their Attleborough office on a full time, permanent basis. The successful candidate would be required to mentor and support more junior technicians within the team.
A broad project base is on offer including retail, commercial and residential.
- Production of working drawings, reports and specifications ensuring the compliance with National/International Standards, statutory requirements, and the project brief,
- Production of design output using BIM software appropriate to the engineering discipline, eg REVIT, Civil 3D, etc. Understanding of BIM standards, protocols, and procedures,
- In consultation with Engineers, decide the format and scope of design data required for the project (drawings, schedules, specifications etc.),
- Interpret instructions and outputs from senior staff on the technical content of drawings,
- Translate standard/proprietary manufacturer's details onto working drawings,
- Produce and check Designers Health and Safety Risk Assessments as required for the project, using knowledge of CDM and relevant legislation,
- Ensure the dimensional accuracy and compliance with all relevant project drawings.
- When necessary, visit site and carry out level/measured surveying to ensure dimensional compatibility between proposed and existing structures. Checking of reinforcement prior to concreting, etc.
- Depending on the type, urgency, and complexity of a project, undertake project co-ordination/ DTL role. Controlling the preparation and timely issue of design data in accordance with QA procedures and Contractors Programme,
- Mentoring, support, and supervision of Trainees,
- On every project, work closely with other internal and external design team members to ensure that C D G design output is compliant with both specification and project constraints, and fully dimensionally coordinated,
- Effectively communicate with the design team to establish programme and key dates for information issue.
- An HNC In civil engineering,
- Working towards EngTech preferred but not essential,
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience,
- A working knowledge of the following:
- Building Regulations (particularly Parts A and H)
- Reinforced Concrete Detailing (Standard Practice)
- General Construction and Engineering d e s i g n a n d Detailing
- Computer Aided Design Software (AutoCAD, REVIT/ Civils 3D)
- Good client facing communication skills,
- A full, clean Driving licence.
A generous pension and other range of other benefits are on offer for the successful candidate. This role also has the added advantage of hybrid working with a blend of home and office working. This role also has the added benefit of offering blended working with a combination of on site, office and home working.
If you are interested and would like to know more details about the role & company, please apply by sending your up to date CV through to Graham Ventham at Conrad Consulting.