Your new company
A small minerals and waste firm based in Warwickshire, ever growing, they are looking for a junior and a senior hydrogeologist to join the team.
Your new role
You'll be working on a range of projects including;
- Hydrogeological impact assessments for; mineral sites, assessment of the groundwater, surface water resources and flooding for new developments.
- Hydrogeological risk assessments regarding the potential risks to groundwater arising from current and proposed waste management facilities including landfill and the design of containment systems for such facilities.
- Investigation and assessment of risks from contaminated land.
Both office and site based. Site works will involve ground gas, groundwater and surface water monitoring and sampling, site investigation including the supervision of borehole drilling and trial pitting, geological logging and the collection of samples.
Office based work includes the research of information for desk studies, assessment of monitoring databases and the preparation of reports.
What you'll need to succeed
- MSc Hydrogeology or a related MSc subject is preferable, although candidates with a good degree in geological or geo-environmental sciences and who have an interest in developing a career in environmental consultancy, will be considered.
- Full driving licence.
- For the junior role, no experience is necessary and training will be provided for office and site-based works. For the senior role, a mature degree of experience will be required.
What you'll get in return
- Exciting and varied projects;
- Competitive salaries;
- Flexible working options;
- Development and progression;
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.