Electrical Instrumentation / Controls Engineer
- Hays Construction and Property
- Scotland, Glasgow
- £55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Attractive package
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Electrical, mechanical & other jobs
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Electrical Instrumentation / Controls Engineer in Glasgow
I am representing a client who are an industrial valve manufacturing company based in the outskirts of Glasgow. They are looking for an exciting new opportunity within their business for a senior instrumentation and controls engineer with preferably an electrical bias to work alongside their sales team and act as the technical support for their client base.
This is a real growth marketplace for their business and are looking for a professional individual to develop this part of their customer experience. They operate with 80% of their end users and have developed a real loyal client base - but now want to develop new relationships and take the business to the next level. The suitable candidate will be offered a real opportunity to help grow a new part of the business and the career opportunity that comes along with this.
* Primary European technical contact for client
* Liaise with Global Automation & Controls teams, primarily based.
* Deal effectively with customer queries and offer design solutions on commissioning any aftersales queries.
* Work with 3rd party vendors to assist with solutions to clients' queries.
* Designing Schematic drawings and design of valve sizes for customers
* Primary contact for their valve Technical Support for current and future clients
* Technical point of contact for customer from design solutions to commissioning stage
* Provide solution design, Valve & Automation sizing/specification.
* Effectively offer product alternatives to drive client's UK/Europe sales.
* Creation of technical presentations/ documentation (inclusive of drawings/ schematics)
* Assist internal/external Sales and Customers on applications/ processes to provide solutions.
* Conduct technical training to personnel.
* Review European & UK Standards applicable to Automation & Control Products
* Work in conjunction with Global Automation & Control Team to provide European insight.
* Technical support to production, as required (Inclusive of site visits where required)
* Establish European suppliers with European Product Manager: Actuation and Controls
* Continuous development of professional, methodological, and social skills
Educational Competencies: In possession of, or working towards obtaining :
* HND/BSc in Electrical/Electronic Control Engineering or equivalent.
* Work experience and competence in both Mechanical and Electrical fields
* Work experience in Industrial Engineering (Valves, Actuation, Controls, Pumps, Rotating Equipment etc)
Foreign language skills
* Fluent in English
* Other languages are beneficial.
* 2D and 3D CAD programs - Solidworks preferred.
* MS Office suite
* Customer Service at forefront of thinking
* Commercially savvy
* Problem solving thinking attitude.
* Analytical skills
* Rhetoric & presentation skills
* Planning ability & time management
* Decision-making ability
* Being well organised & working in a structured way
* Project management
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Civil Engineering is the UK’s leading recruitment company, with 50 years’ experience specialising in engineering roles. Across the UK, using our national network of 75 offices and teams of expert consultants, we match the right jobs to the right people every day. Highly trained civil engineers are in demand for both temporary contracts and on a permanent basis. We have the breadth and depth of knowledge and scale of operation to help you hire the people that can make a real difference to your bottom line.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert