Assistant Technical Director - Geotechnics
- Conrad Consulting Ltd.
- England, London
- £75000 - £80000 per annum
- Closing date
- 5 Apr 2023
- Environmental engineering jobs
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Assistant Technical Director - Geotechnical
Salary: £75,000 - £80,000
We are looking for an experienced Chartered Civil Engineer, possessing substantial experience in major assignments for a range of clients in various construction market sectors, undertaking and leading assignments both in the UK and overseas.
Based in London with an office in Birmingham, my client is an international multidisciplinary design and engineering consultancy. They provide client-focussed engineering and technical solutions on major engineering construction projects worldwide in the infrastructure, energy, and industry sectors, working with contractors, international monetary funds and developers.
They are now looking to appoint a Chartered Civil Engineer with substantial experience in major assignments to join them in the London or Birmingham office on a full time, permanent basis.
The ideal candidate is a team player who seeks to positively contribute to the working group with a collaborative attitude and is committed to the value of their own role, taking initiative, and focussing on improving business performance. The candidate would also be able to perform effectively within changing environments and demonstrate willingness and flexibility of availability to meet business needs.
- Professionally qualified and Chartered Civil Engineer, ideally with a post graduate qualification in a geotechnically relevant subject.
- Substantial experience at Assignment Manager and Designer level with a proven capability and record of managing and delivering assignments to programme and budget.
- Able to manage the legal and contractual aspects of Engineering contracts.
- Detailed design experience including deep and shallow foundations (vertical and lateral capacity, settlement), deep excavations, basements, retaining structures, earthworks, soil and rock slope engineering, ground improvement, seismicity and liquefaction and monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of geotechnical and engineering geological processes and design, with a particular emphasis on data interpretation, design and analysis, construction, and advanced numerical modelling.
- Geomorphologic, coastal and maritime experience would be beneficial
- Experience predominantly in the large scale (c.£100m+), high profile infrastructure projects, for a range of clients in various construction market sectors with a proven record of managing and delivering assignments to programme and budget.
- Proven ability to build, maintain and develop relationships with key clients.
- People management experience e.g., general employee welfare, carrying out appraisals, training and development, involvement in resourcing and recruitment activities.
- Competent user of 2D and 3D finite element analysis software (e.g. PLAXIS, Z-soil)
- Proficient in other geotechnical software (Repute, Settle, WALLAP, LPile, FPile, DPile, Slide, gINT, or equivalent)
- Proficient in foreign languages (particularly French and Spanish) is an asset.
- Undertake and lead assignments in the UK and overseas.
- Undertake geotechnical design and analysis using design software across a broad range of projects and using various international standards.
- Monitor staff time and budgets against assignment programme and agree appropriate actions where necessary.
- Assist/lead with coordination of design as part of an internal team and liaising with external associated professionals and clients.
- Ground investigation experience including design, preparation of tender documents, supervision, interpretation.
- Adopt procedures for standardisation of work products and deliverables, and peer review to ensure consistency and excellence in service delivery of the Company's technical work product
Please contact Athena Hanson-Aherne on 01728 726123 to discuss this fantastic position in more detail. Alternatively, to fast-track your application, please send an up-to-date CV and relevant work experience
Conrad Consulting are a specialist recruitment company that is responsible for supplying high quality personnel at all levels to civil and structural organisations throughout the nation on both a permanent and contract basis.
Call us on
0203 159 5387
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert